Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Abbeys

View as Grid List
Sort by

Abbey Church of St Mary the Virgin and St Botolph, Thorney, Cambridgeshire: the side aisle

RIBA150806
NOTES: The original church, that of the abbey, was built in 1089-1128. Its ruins were incorporated into the parish church completed in 1638 in the mixed styles of Norman and Perpendicular.

Abbey Church of St Mary the Virgin and St Botolph, Thorney, Cambridgeshire: detail of the windows

RIBA150807
NOTES: The original church, that of the abbey, was built in 1089-1128. Its ruins were incorporated into the parish church completed in 1638 in the mixed styles of Norman and Perpendicular.

Abbey Church of St Mary the Virgin and St Botolph, Thorney, Cambridgeshire: looking towards the side aisle window

RIBA150808
NOTES: The original church, that of the abbey, was built in 1089-1128. Its ruins were incorporated into the parish church completed in 1638 in the mixed styles of Norman and Perpendicular.

Fountains Abbey, North Yorkshire

RIBA155705
NOTES: Construction on this Cistercian abbey began in 1132 and was only completed in 1526 shortly before its dissolution in 1539. The tower was added in 1494-1526. See RIBA148214 for a black and white version of this image.

Visitor Centre, Fountains Abbey, North Yorkshire: the entrance courtyard with the abbey tower in the distance

RIBA155712
Edward Cullinan Architects
NOTES: See RIBA148223 for a black and white version of this image.

Chapter House, Westminster Abbey, London

RIBA158271
Scott, Sir George Gilbert (1811-1878)
NOTES: The Chapter House was built 1246-1255 during the reign of Henry II. It was restored by Sir George Gilbert Scott in 1866-1872, who reconstructed the stone vault, reinstated and re-glazed the windows. Although much of this was damaged during the second world war, some was salvaged and incorporated into the post-war restoration. See RIBA132398 for a black and white version of this image.

Chapter House, Westminster Abbey, London

RIBA158272
Scott, Sir George Gilbert (1811-1878)
NOTES: The Chapter House was built 1246-1255 during the reign of Henry II. It was restored by Sir George Gilbert Scott in 1866-1872, who reconstructed the stone vault, reinstated and re-glazed the windows. Although much of this was damaged during the second world war, some was salvaged and incorporated into the post-war restoration. See RIBA132399 for a black and white version of this image.

Chapter House, Westminster Abbey, London: detail of the medieval tiles

RIBA158273
Scott, Sir George Gilbert (1811-1878)
NOTES: The Chapter House was built 1246-1255 during the reign of Henry II. It was restored by Sir George Gilbert Scott in 1866-1872, who reconstructed the stone vault, reinstated and re-glazed the windows. Although much of this was damaged during the second world war, some was salvaged and incorporated into the post-war restoration. See RIBA132400 for a black and white version of this image.
Close
)
CLOSE