Bredon Barn, Bredon, Worcestershire: looking towards the north gable showing all the main trusses erected
|Architect/Designer||Charles, Frederick. W. B. (1912-2002)|
|Artist/Photographer||Charles, Martin (1940-2012)|
|Library Reference||MC C 060981|
|Colour Info||Black and white|
|Credit||Martin Charles / RIBA Collections|
|Subject||Barns ; Construction sites ; Agriculture ; Timber construction ; Restoration|
NOTES: The barn at Bredon is an aisled structure of nine bays, with Cotswold stone walls and a stone slate roof. It is 134 feet long and has an equal width and height of 44 feet, and a loft approached by an external stair. It was distinguished from other great medieval barns in that it was inhabited by the Reeve (the estate overseer) and his family, so contained a fireplace, a stone lavatory and garderobe. It was badly damaged by fire in 1980. It was completely restored in 1983 by Frederick Charles, father of the photographer Martin Charles. See RIBA110997 for a colour version of this image.
Please describe how you will use the image including publication or exhibition title.