Bank of Ireland Headquarters, Lower Baggot Street, Dublin: the end of the five-storey block on Lower Baggot Street seen before the demolition of the Victorian terrace on the left
|Architect/Designer||Scott Tallon Walker Architects|
|Artist/Photographer||Donat, John (1933-2004)|
|Library Reference||AP364/71 (Donat 14 08 72 6/12)|
|Colour Info||Black and white|
|Credit||Architectural Press Archive / RIBA Collections|
|Subject||Cars ; Glass ; Town houses ; Curtain walling ; Office buildings ; Brickwork ; Banks ; Steel|
NOTES: Built on the site of the former Lincoln & Nolan's car-assembly plant, the original two-block complex was extended by a third building in 1973-1975. This photograph shows the complex before the addition of the later four-storey block housing the public banking hall which replaced the Victorian brick building and faces the five-storey block across the central plaza. The curtain wall of bronze-tinted sun-resistant glass was manufactured by Smith & Pearson in Dublin. The Victorian terrace was replaced by a four-storey block housing the public banking hall and faces the five-storey block across the central plaza.
Please describe how you will use the image including publication or exhibition title.